There’s something about Oreo’s we all love. It’s like the Pringles of Dessert Snacks – Once you pop you can’t stop! There’s not a dessert that has Oreo which doesn’t look enticing. I’m planning on going through an Oreo baking phase where I just try everything with Oreo. I’ve already done the Oreo Cheesecake, that turned out wonderfully, I’ve just tried the Oreo Frosting which will be followed by a Chocolate Oreo Cake of course. And I’m now thinking of Oreo Layered Cupcakes, I’m still trying to figure out the structure but I think it will come together soon. But before that, I’ll be doing some Lemon Poppy Seed Bread and Muffins – so keep a watch out for that.
Oreo frosting – super simple! I try and keep the complicated stuff out of the kitchen the best that I can. So here it is.
Crush 6 Oreos without the cream filling and mix into buttercream frosting and you’re done. No , really I mean it. That’s all that’s required 🙂
2 2/3 icing sugar
1/2 C butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp milk
6 Oreo Crushed (cream filling removed)
- Sift icing sugar to remove any lumps
- Add butter, vanilla and bring together and finally add the milk a tbsp at a time
- Dis-assemble 6 Oreos and remove the cream filling
- Put the cookies into a food processor and crush
- Add into the frosting and combine so it is mixed evenly
- Frost on top of cake or cupcake
Note: I remove the cream filling because it becomes TOO sweet otherwise, you can keep it if you want the added sweetness. The real taste comes from the cookie though.